A day without coffee is like... sleep.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Dirty Ministry

Sometimes I feel like I'm surrounded by a very clean, pretty ministry. It's easy to keep it clean... play it safe... keep the pose.

Tired of that. Longing to get involved where things aren't so neat and tidy. Where I don't have all the answers... maybe not any of the answers. Deep within me is a longing to take my LifeGroup, get out of our living room, and get involved in the midst of someone's messy life. Help a single mom with repairs to her home or serve an invalid by bringing them groceries.

There is no process for that. No policy and procedures manual. No ordering form to complete by a certain date. Just a bunch of people pitching in to help someone that isn't able to help themselves.

Check out this video. It speaks volumes.

No comments: