A day without coffee is like... sleep.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Thoughts from the weekend...

  • Petting Zoo at church?!?... Great idea! Maybe not 4 weekends in a row! Feeling very removed from the general happenings within the kids area for the past several weeks. HOWEVER, had so many great opps to engage one-on-one with kids for more than 30 seconds. Probably a more productive 4 weekends than I think.
  • I'm still not an animal person.
  • Effective training... feeling the pressure (again) to push forward with more effective training systems. With additional campuses come more send outs. The amount of time we have with a volunteer could decrease before we send them to another campus. Not as much time to get them 'seasoned'. Not to mention... our kids 'feel' the bump in the road when a veteran volunteer hands the reigns to one less experienced.
  • Need to reserve some energy on Saturday nights for ice cream with my kids.
  • I love my team. I've never seen a more committed group. And I do not mean 'straight-jacket' committed. I mean no-holds-barred, make-it-happen, stay-late-to-get-it-done committed.
  • I love our volunteers! They rock my face off. They work circles around me.
    • They hang onto the 'crying-not-gonna'-stop-til'-I-see-my-mom' kiddos just so mom/dad can receive a life-changing message in Big Church.
    • They serve multiple worship experiences just because they have the time and we have the need
    • They encourage me the entire time
  • My job is stinking cool

No comments: